Joining and renewing
Q. Is the AAG-C accepting new members?
The AAG-C welcomes new and renewing members. From 2013, the Cairns Aviation Skills Centre (CASC) will be providing some financial support for the AAG-C so that annual membership is currently free! Aviation and support businesses, as well as aircraft owners and pilots, can apply for (or renew their) annual membership by completing the downloadable membership form (PDF). Membership runs for 1 year from the month of joining.
Q. How will the membership fees that were received in previous years be used?
The AAG-C was established in 2006 with support from the Queensland Government and key aviation industry businesses. It is a registered not-for-profit association and is not politically aligned. As an advocacy group, membership funds will continue to be used to help boost ongoing interest, investment and longevity in Tropical North Queensland’s aviation industry, and that’s being done in several ways …
6 good reasons to join the AAG-C
Membership of the AAG-C allows it to showcase your business or aircraft to the local, domestic and Australasian regions as a valued and integral member of the Cairns aviation community – the community includes the satellite aerodromes Mareeba, Innisfail, Cooktown and Townsville.
1. Print advertising: The business names of financial members have been featured in full-page national advertisements in the February 2011 and October 2011 editions of Aviation Trader magazine. (The February edition was also distributed at the Avalon Air Show.) More print promotions are planned.
2. Internet search engines: Members’ businesses are being continually promoted through internet search engines via the keywords aviation and Cairns – for example, typing “aviation cairns” into Google, Yahoo, or Bing shows the AAG-C website in amongst the top of the free listings.
3. AAG-C website: A webpage for each business-owning member or registered aircraft-owning member is provided free on the AAG-C website at a unique web address:
www.aviationcairns.com.au / bizlist / your business name or aircraft rego
Text, photos and logos may be added on request, subject to committee approval. A link to the free webpage appears in the AAG-C‘s website finder feature and in the Aviation Business Directory.
4. Membership of the AAG-C cluster means our common aviation interests represent both a diversified and a united voice to government organisations, aviation infrastructure providers, and the general community.
5. AAG-C is a central communication contact for distributing information of relevance to aviation businesses in and around Cairns such as training, commercial and safety events and seminars.
6. AAG-C is a single point of contact (one-stop-shop) for anyone locally, interstate or overseas with an aviation interest in the Cairns area – whether they be pilots or passengers, aircraft owners or operators, maintenance managers or organisations, tourists or support businesses – seeking to use our many aviation services on a one-off or recurring basis.